Color Matched Fillings
You might notice that popular singers never show fillings when they open their mouths and belt out a song. That’s because they have color-matched fillings in all their teeth, including the ones in the back.
Color-matched, metal-free fillings are rapidly becoming the restoration of choice for top dentists. And, they are an ideal solution for the restoration of teeth that contain minor decay, cracks or replacement fillings.
Tooth colored fillings are dental fillings that restore and mimic the natural appearance of the tooth structure. In addition to restoring teeth that have fractured or decayed, tooth colored fillings may also be used cosmetically to change the size, color and shape of teeth. This is particularly useful in closing gaps between teeth, repairing chipped teeth and making teeth appear to be more straight or even.
- They closely match natural tooth color and appearance.
- They bond to tooth structure
- They restore 85% – 95% of the original strength of the tooth.
- They completely harden in seconds instead of days required by some other materials.
- Tooth sensitivity is minimal and brief
- They may be used on front and back teeth
- If damaged they can be easily repaired.
- Frequent exposure to dark liquids or foods may stain them
- They are not as strong as metal fillings
- Liquids with a high alcohol content may degrade them
- They are more expensive than dental amalgam fillings
- Dental insurance may not cover the full cost
Dr. Ascough will examine your fillings at your checkup visits. You may need X-rays if she thinks a filling might be cracked or leaking, or to see whether decay is occurring under the filling. Make an appointment when:
- A tooth is sensitive
- You see a crack
- Part of a filling appears to be missing
We are always ready to answer a question or to help you with your dental health issues. You can always call Dr, Ybee at 619-298-0821 or fill out one of the forms on this website. Remember, a healthy mouth is key to your overall health and well being.